Sunday, October 6, 2013

October Goal

Yikes. It is already the second week in month and I'm just outlining my October goal. Wish me luck!




My plan is to make a pillow using a piece of Hardanger embroidery that was made by Dan's grandmother. She never finished the piece, so I brainstormed about how I could make something to showcase it. An idea for a pillow was born :)

While digging through my totes of fabric, I came across these reproduction fat-eights that I found at a rummage sale. I think they will compliment the handwork nicely. A friend gifted me the vintage handkerchief fabric, which I think will be a nice touch to the back of the pillow. I'll probably just do an envelope backing. 

I look forward to cutting and ironing and sewing again! I just hope little Evelyn gives me some good naptimes to finish this in 3 weeks! Of course, I should be making baby gifts for friends/family or at least working on my current to-do list before adding something new like this pillow, but this seems like more fun!


A Lovely Year of Finishes :) 
October Style!

No comments:

Post a Comment