Monday, October 21, 2013

Baby E: Baptism

 We waited to have Evelyn baptized until we had moved home. We wanted our family to be there to help us celebrate Evelyn joining the Lord's family! We went up to my home church (where we were married)... we haven't decided on what church to attend down here, so we decided on doing the baptism up there.

 It was such a perfect day - grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, great-aunts/uncles, etc, etc. They were all there to show their support (and for some, to meet Evelyn for the first time!).

 Here she is with two of her cousins :) 

These are the pictures that show her dress the best, too. I still can't believe I didn't get a close-up of it. It was made by Evelyn's great-great grandmother. It has the most intricate lace tatted on it! It has a matching over-dress, which was of course too small for her almost 6-month head. There is also a bonnet and little booties.

It has been worn by my grandmother, great-aunt, my mom and her three siblings, at least two of my cousins and two of Evelyn's second-cousins. Needless to say, it's pretty special! I'll have to take a close-up picture sometime when I see it again...


Here's my grandma who wore the same baptismal dress... and our first 4 generational picture! This reminds me that we need to get a similar picture on Dan's side, too. (Oh, and that's my uncle... he doesn't do babies very often... but I made him hold Evelyn for a picture... both of their expressions made it very worthwhile!).

A beautiful day for a beautiful little girl's baptism. Blessings all around.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the baptism. It is so special to be able to share it with family. We took both kids back to my home church for their baptisms, since it is where we were married. Mathew's baptism was the last time we were all together as a family and that was in March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day! I did the same thing you did - took my babies to my home church where my husband and I grew up and were married for their baptism. We also got to bring all three of our children home from the hospital in the same dress my husband wore home from the hospital when he was born. :) I love family traditions! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete