My February Goal is complete :)
I finished two baby quilts this month. One top was already ready for the quilting/binding process, but I ended up making another top for the 2nd quilt (even though I have several tops ready to go - I really wanted a boyish I-Spy quilt, which I didn't have on hand already!).
Here is the quilt that already had the top and binding ready. All I had to do was baste, quilt and bind. Both quilts were basted and quilted at my parents' house when we were there the first weekend of February. Mom's workhorse of a Viking sewing machine has a much better walking foot than my machine, so I know I can trust hers to work well (and quickly!) for me!
The top fabric came from Fat Quarter Shop several years ago when I realized I didn't have many fabrics on hand that would work for boyish quilts. This is the second and final quilt made from this line. You may still see a few matching squares here and there in I-Spy quilts, though!
The backing came from a destash purchase a year or two ago. Both quilts are quilted with straight, diagonal lines... simple yet effective!
"Oh the Places You'll Go!" Perfect for a little baby boy!
And here is the I-Spy quilt! This baby boy has an older brother who may need some entertaining while Mom is busy with the new baby... so really, this quilt is for both the baby and the brother!
This backing also came from an Instagram destash back when destashing over social media was just taking off. I haven't looked on the destash hashtag in a long time! But, what I did buy back then has surely come in handy :)
I hope the two babies feel loved and prayed for when they are cuddled with (or crawling over) these quilts!
WIP (works in progress) List
Pattern Testing a Dress for E(Finished! - link and link)
- Several dresses/tops/etc for E and me (patterns and fabric chosen... need to cut and sew) - up next are the birthday
and Easter dresses,but I have a bit of time before they are needed :) Baby Quilt for a friend ~ the top is finished, now to baste, quilt and bind- completed! Baste a baby quilt for another friend... then quilt and bind- completed!
- Onesies! - 3 finished (link and link), several more to go... the pregnant friend list just keeps growing!
UFO (unfinished objects) List
- Twin size quilt top needing a border then quilting and binding
- A quilt top from my grandma needing quilting and binding
- 5 baby quilt tops needing quilting and binding
- A pile of Christmas half-square triangles that need to be trimmed and then organized into a table runner/table topper/pillow/etc
- A new table runner from a mini charm pack won from a giveaway recently