Monday, June 29, 2015

Monikered Baby Bag for Kate

So many of my friends have had babies... you may remember all those quilts I made before JT arrived? Well, for those new moms who don't receive a quilt, they get a baby bag instead. (And some very close friends actually receive both!).

We recently had two couples over with their children for a fun Saturday at our house (and at the local beach). We hadn't yet met one of the little ones, so I hurried all week to finish this bag... Thankfully (with Dan's help as he took care of JT several evenings so I could work on it) I was able to finish it in time! I'm also thankful that my mom had already appliquéd the name for me :)


All of the fabric is from my stash and several of them are actually from fat quarters that I've won in giveaways. I didn't have any matching corduroy on hand for the inside, and it was a particularly difficult week with JT (a fussy, reflux baby who absolutely hates his carseat and so never arrives at a destination calm enough to allow me to really focus on shopping) so there was no way I was heading to a local fabric store. Thus, I used some patterned denim I had on hand instead. I think it turned out alright!



And, here is the little lady herself! Cutie pie :)

I think my July goal will be to finish another bag... I'll be seeing another of the new mommies at the end of the month!

1 comment:

  1. It turned out very cute. The denim was a perfect option. Hope JT outgrows the reflux soon so everyone can be more relaxed. My younger daughter had it and was such a miserable little person for the first 4 months.

    ReplyDelete