Tuesday, March 25, 2014

ALYOF ~ March Goal Finished!



My March goal was to finish a quilt made with a quilt top that my Grandma made. 

(Number 85 on the Goal Setting Linky Post)



In that post, I wasn't yet sure if I wanted to quilt and bind it or if I was going to burp and tie it (also known as the pillowcase method).

I decided to quilt it with my walking foot with wavy lines from side to side. 



Many of the fabrics are from clothes that my mom and aunt wore (homemade) "way back when." :)
I made a scrappy binding out of 2.5" strips in my scrap collection. 
I used a white sheet from a thrift store for the backing.

 I look forward to working with another quilt top of my Grandma's soon!



What's a goal post without showing you my trusty cheerleader helping me take pictures.. and of course, there's Mute the Cat, too!




Linking up to several parties; please see my favorites' buttons in my sidebar.

16 comments:

  1. That turned out lovely. I have 2 quilt tops and blocks for 2 more quilts from my grandmother I need to work on. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just awesome. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quilt. I love scrappy bindings for scrappy quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic finish! I adore seeing projects like this being finished. Thanks for linking up. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finish! Wavy lines with the walking foot worked well for mee, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of working on quilt tops from your grandmother. I know that my grandmother hoarded some quilt tops, and I wonder what happened to them. I will have to ask my mom. They would be neat to work on now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quilts made from clothes are just the best! How wonderful to finish this quilt ;o) Love the top photo of the folded quilt on the chair...it lends itself so nicely to the vintage quilt you have finished. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the special finish. What a wonderful way to remember your grandmother. I have made quilts out of some of my grandmother's blocks, and I treasure them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a special keepsake from your grandmother and mother. Glad you reached your goal and will now have this to pass on to Evelyn. She's growing so fast and a birthday milestone will soon be here I think?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh what a great scrappy quilt..I love it! and so full of memories too, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! It is just such a stunning quilt! What wonderful memories you have captured!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! this is beautiful and Special quilt! I love quilts with different kind pf Fabrics. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great quilt! I love the fact that it was your grandmother's!

    Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete