Friday, November 1, 2013

A Post Long Overdue

Over the past year, I've won some lovely prizes... some I posted about right away, and some, sadly, have taken me too long to post about. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Remember when we took a trip to Seattle last winter? Well, I recieved a happy email from Made-by-Rae during that trip... an email exclaiming that I won a $50 gift certificate to Fashionable Fabrics! At first I was speachless... and then I hurriedly bragged to my mother that I got to pick out $50(!) worth of fabric :)
 Knowing that we were moving and knowing that I had enough fabric to last me until the move, I actually had it shipped to my mom... which is why you are just now hearing about it. I chose some dots (3 charm packs and a yard) from Riley Blake, a charm and a yard of School Days (Moda), and my favorite... a yard of a cute Little Golden Books themed fabric (from the order confirmation email: Little Golden Books The Fuzzy Duckling Barnyard Scenic on Yellow by Quilting Treasures)

 I only recently (since July? I guess that isn't so recent anymore!) started participating and following along on blog hops. Since then, I won two lovely giveaways. I received the fat quarter of a festive stripe from Patricia at Quilting Lines and the sewing goodie stockpile from Shelia at Quilting in South Carolina! I've been trying to gather some Halloween fabrics lately so I can eventually make a throw or a pillow, and I've definitely been needing some quilt labels - can't wait to use them! Such fun!


 Pink Chalk Fabrics had a summer series where they highlighted sewing studios of bloggers and fabric designers. Each time you commented on a post, you were entered to win one of 50(!) $20 gift certificates to their online store. The posts were very inspiring - I can't wait until I can have a sewing "studio" of my own to decorate and organize! Anyways, these goodies (all have plans on becoming Evelyn clothes) just arrived last week: Riley Blake red solid and chevron knits, a piece of Robert Kaufman Classic Threads, and two shades of Lizzy House's Pearl Bracelets. Can't wait to sew up some outfits!

Last, but not least, I won a $25 gift certificate to Fabric Fly through Clover and Violet's Season By Hand summer series. I also had this sent to Mom for safe keeping while we transitioned from MT to SD. I picked out October Afternoon's Sasparilla line for Riley Blake... a layer cake and two half-yard cuts. This will be saved for a quilt just in case Evelyn ever happens to have a sibling :)


I have certainly been lucky over the past year, and I am so thankful for such generous giveaways! These prizes will certainly be put to good use... well, Evelyn just has to learn to nap longer first, so I can have more sewing time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment