Monday, October 5, 2015

Daddy's Girl Dress for E

My little girl is growing up! She's not even 2.5 years old yet, but when I put this outfit on her, even Dan said that it looked like she was dressed for the first day of school! 



Bodice/Strap Fabric: Stash. No idea.
Skirt: Dan's old flannel shirt.



Overal, I love how it turned out. I have the straps tied too tight, which is why it looks bunched at the armpits in this picture. Thankfully, that just requires an easy fix of loosening the knot on the straps. I need to remember next time I sew this pattern to use a finishing stitch on the bottom of the bodice and on the top of skirt separately before gathering and sewing them together (the skirt seam is not enclosed in the bodice). 



I was afraid that E wouldn't like it, but she was all ready for the photo-shoot because 1) she got to wear her new (to her) boots and 2) Mommy was going to take pictures of her!



Because the skirt is from Dan's old shirt, this was a really quick sew! The pattern gives complete instructions for using an old shirt for the entire dress or you can make it with yardage. As I said earlier, I chose to mix and match - using an old shirt and yardage. 



 Last but not least, the pattern gives instructions on how to tie the straps so it looks like the knot of Daddy's tie. I struggled, so I just did an easy knot. Works for me! Now, let's hope I can get her to wear it again :)

1 comment:

  1. She really does look so grown up!! Love the outfit- what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete