Tuesday, October 27, 2015

A Minnie Costume.

There was no question as to what E would be for Halloween this year. She is enthralled by Mickey Mouse and is duly devoted to both Mickey and Minnie. 

Therefore, I decided to make her a Minnie outfit.


Dress Fabric and Ears Tulle: JoAnns
Bloomers Fabric: Eyelet from my stash


Both clothing patterns are perfect for quick and simple sewing. They may not have the most professional finishes, but I don't mind when it comes to play clothes and costumes! For example, both the sleeve cuffs and the bloomers leg elastic and hems are done flat, prior to sewing the sleeves and legs. This leads to slightly messier and visible inside seams, but E doesn't know any better and I'm not sewing for 4-H judges anymore! The bloomers were bought, cut and sewn up all in one day. Nothing better than that! 


Her personality is certainly getting bigger and bigger. I can no longer ask her to do the "itsy-bitsy" in order to get her to smile. Instead of smiling, she now starts singing! She loves getting her pictures taken though, so I can't complain :)



The hair bows were fun, too. Walmart wants $8 for Minnie Mouse ears... so I made these instead. 
She makes me smile.

I cannot wait for trick-or-treating! Yay for "Halloween-time!"

1 comment:

  1. That is just about the cutest costume ever! Adorable!! Those hairbow/ears are hilarious and so clever.

    ReplyDelete