Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Covey of Quail Shirts

A group of quails will be getting together this summer, and now they'll have shirts to match the family name :)

I cannot wait to show you pictures of the cousins together... but we'll have to wait until June!



I had so much fun finding the clipart of a quail, making the freezer paper stencils and painting with fabric paint (there are lots of great tutorials out there; in the past I used this tutorial to learn the process). I first learned this technique so I could make Evelyn some fun onesies... you can see a few of those here.

Seriously, this is such a quick and easy project... I love how they turned out! Evelyn has already worn hers a few times :)

3 comments:

  1. This is such a fun and smart idea. My mother always made our entire family matching gingham dresses and a shirt for dad when we went somewhere. She said that way if any of us got lost people would know who we belong to. Creative Quail Covey Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable!!! Good job Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shirts are super fun and the kids will look adorable. I don't know why but your posts have not been showing up in my feed and so I have a lot of catching up to do. Evelyn has certainly grown and you've been busy as all moms are. Nice to see you again Heidi.

    ReplyDelete