Monday, April 28, 2014

A New Nephew's Quilt

Praises!! I have a new, healthy, little nephew!





Evelyn is looking forward to many-a play dates with her cousin :)



Before the little one arrived, I made this baby quilt and presented it to my brother and sister-in-law. I had a few charm packs of Riley Blake polka dots - both the small and the medium - plus some medium dots yardage for the border and binding. I added some gingham from my stash for a fun circle and square combo :)



The backing is something I purchased from Instagram (#thegreatfabricdestash). It's Boys Will Be Boys by David Walker. It's the perfect, sporty backing!! The illustrations actually remind me of the stick figures my brother would draw when we were little. I quilted this diagonally for a quick and easy finish. I do so love how it turned out. I look forward to more gingham and polka dot combinations in the future :)



2 comments:

  1. How beautiful! Congrats on the new nephew and that all is going well. I love the gingham & dot combo--great project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Весело. Аккуратная работа.

    ReplyDelete