Tuesday, September 15, 2015

My First Manhattan

This was the first pattern that I ever bought on a whim (and has since opened my wallet up to a lot more whims... and a lot more patterns purchased! I'm definitely on a clothes-sewing-kick!)


Size: 4T
Fabric: Pink and blue florals are from Tasha Noel's Country Girl fabric line (I won a fat quarter bundle of one colorway over a year ago). The pink for the bottom portion and the lining was from my stash.



I've had this cut out since before JT was born, which is why I cut it in the bigger size - I knew that I wouldn't get to it right away! It is big on her, but I think it's perfect for growing into :)



I love the V-detail and the flowy-ness of the bottom. It is great for over comfy leggings. The one button closure is a quick finish for the back.



I was not that impressed with the way the sleeves turned out - can you see how it turns back into the shirt? Perhaps it was a mistake by me, but regardless, I plan on omitting the bottom of the sleeve the next time I use the pattern.



And there she goes! She was running and hopping all over the backyard in it. Here's to hoping she will wear it, now! A nice sweater over it will work well this winter :)

1 comment: