Monday, March 2, 2015

Family Photo Series {Intro: Location Fun}

About a year and a half ago, my sister-in-law and her husband were moving to a different country for two years (only half a year to go before they're back!). Thus, it was definitely a good time for family pictures! 


My in-laws decided to forgo the professional photographer, and instead we used my DSLR with a tripod. We would rely on me and the graphic artist married to my other sister-in-law. I was nervous!



We all had different ideas for locations and back drops. Dan was the one who thought to use a granary on one of the old farmsteads on their land. It took a little convincing of his mom and dad to embrace the rustic backdrop, but I'm so glad we took the pictures there!



In the next several posts, I'll chat a little about location planning, clothing attire, arranging people, and about how the graphic artist and I worked together to take what turned out to be pretty decent family pictures :)



I'll also share about what I learned through the entire process... which is a lot! 



Taking your own family pictures is definitely not for everyone... and it definitely wasn't the easiest thing I've ever done (especially since the group included a 6 month old and a sick kindergartener)!



Overall, I hope you enjoy this little series :)

No comments:

Post a Comment