Monday, March 23, 2015

Family Photo Series {Families of 3 and 4}

As my college professor used to tell us, "get closer!" That's how I felt about these pictures...


E may be smiling, but we just seem so far away!



See how much better this is? Well, other than the fact that E is eating her dress, ha! So many less distractions when you focus in on the subject.



I always feel it is important to take pictures both horizontally and vertically. I like having the option of which direction to hang them. If you're the photographer, make sure you check with your subjects to see which they would prefer to have more of - horizontal or vertical. I have been surprised how many have a real preference of the way you take their pictures!



My sister-in-law's family... again, they just seem so far away, right!? 



So, we moved a little closer. I love the background and the fact that they are all at different heights - that adds interest to the picture.



This was my crop to get rid of that sun spot you saw above. They used this picture for their Christmas picture, but I believe that instead of fully cropping, the graphic artist did the work to color correct the sun spot.

1 comment:

  1. You are an excellent photographer. I had a light bulb moment - being too far away from my subject most of the time is why my photos are all so boring. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete