I recently (um... this winter sometime?) took a shirt of mine that never fit me quite right and repurposed it into a dress/tunic/top/thing for E.
We started this photo shoot with a slightly poor attitude, but eventually she warmed up!
I believe I used the Skipper Top pattern to help me cut out the pieces. I pinned the pattern piece to the old shirt in just the right place where I could still use the original hem and still have some of the buttons (although they aren't usable because of the neckline). I do wish I would have a-lined the bottom half just a little bit more, but I may have been restricted by the original side seams (if I remember correctly... my goodness, Mommy-brain is such a real thing!). I still can't believe I had just the right shade of interlock knit fabric on hand to use for the cuffs and neckline.
It is still a little big on her, but it still worked nicely with some leggings from her pants drawer :)
And with that, I'll leave you with some of E's crazy faces...