Thursday, July 23, 2015

Prairie Style Skirt

This was another impulse sewing project. 

One weekend I was chatting with my sister-in-law about the family pictures we'll be taking in October. A few days later, I was searching Pinterest for some clothing ideas for those upcoming pictures, and found this link...

Then, I started researching gathered layered skirts for E, and found several tutorials. I mashed them all together with some stash fabric and came up with this...


It's very "Little House on the Prairie" but I still love how it came out! I have purchased a long sleeve shirt, white denim vest and some tights for her to wear with the skirt in October. For this photo shoot, she chose her accessories ;)



I especially like the raw edge of the denim, and I look forward to it fraying more and more as I continue to wash and dry it. I added a little decorative stitch as well. I love how the pink thread pops on the denim! 


No comments:

Post a Comment