Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Mom's Christmas Decorations {Christmas in July}

I thought it was time for a little Christmas in July action... here are a few pictures from last Christmas.



Some vintage goodies... I always had fun rearranging these little guys.



The very toy train my dad played with when he was young... and what I like to think of as the original "Elf on the Shelf" (err... ladder). Mom has decorated with that guy for as long as I can remember.



A Vintage Ornament. 
A Cute Bell. (Fun to ring... I wonder if my family ever got tired of me ringing this thing when I was younger...) 
Homemade Crocheted Stockings (the original family stockings were made by my grandma, but Mom has since made a few more as the family has expanded!).



My parents' Christmas China (Lenox Holiday). Mom usually receives one new piece each year. She is proud of all the pieces, but that punch bowl may just be her favorite. I mean, it even gets to come out for Easter and Thanksgiving and any other family gathering she deems punch necessary for. And it's always fun to explain why there's a Christmas punch bowl next to the basket of colored eggs and Easter Bunnies ;)



Christmas 2014 will be here before you know it! Happy Christmas in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment