Here is an example of a clothing experiment... I learned a lot, and it still turned out OK (not as well as I had hoped, but still wearable!)
I started with this tutorial.
I changed it by attaching the straps to the back and sewing button-holes in the front to do a knotted strap.
In hind-sight, I would have made the buttonholes further apart, and maybe I'd use buttons instead of knots. Nevertheless, I still love the fabrics! (the black and the blue stripe are from my stash, while the blue is one I chose with a giveaway gift certificate last winter. Don't ask me the name of it... my fabric stash is still at the farm, while we're kind of in limbo right now! We'll be moving into our own home soon!!!!).