Saturday, April 30, 2016

Matching Sallys for Cousins {April Goal Complete}

Whew! Getting this post up on the last day of April... I finished the dresses earlier this week and now the gift is wrapped and ready for giving tomorrow. Woohoo! I was busy making other projects off and on, which is why these didn't get finished until the very last minute :)



This was my first time sewing the Sally Dress pattern from Very Shannon. The one above is for my newly adopted niece. She's being baptized tomorrow so it seemed like a good time to finally present her with a token of love for being adopted into my sister-in-law's family. We love her so much and we are so thankful that God has brought her into our lives!!



I made a size 4T for Kae and a 3T for E... They are 6 months apart in age and very similar sized, although K is a bit taller. I'm just crossing my fingers that Kae's dress will fit her at some point :)



I used a very thin pin-dot chambray from Raspberry Creek Fabrics on Etsy, and the floral came from the local fabric store. It's a Free Spirit voile (I'll post the actual name of the fabric in the post with pictures of E wearing it - I can't find it online right now). Both fabrics, especially the floral, have a bit of sheer-ness to them, so I did make some knit shorties to wear underneath them as well. I also figured that 3 year olds will be running and jumping in them, so the extra coverage underneath will be nice ;)

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I make Mikaela wear shorts under her dresses. She's just not very lady like yet.

    ReplyDelete