Wednesday, January 27, 2016

January Goal Post {End of the Month}

My January Goal was to make 3 Hope Dresses for Violette Field Threads' Give Hope Campaign that they hosted during the month of January. 


Time ran short, however, since a few other sewing gift projects popped up, so I only finished one Hope dress. This fabric is from my mother-in-law when she downgraded her stash several years ago. It came in handy - don't the fabrics make such a sweet size 4 dress?


The pattern itself is very easy to follow, and yet this dress takes up a lot of fabric... and because it's reversible the hemline takes a little extra work than I usually enjoy putting into dresses (I can be quite lazy when it comes to tedious steps like ironing hems and such!).


I love being able to use my sewing skills to help out wonderful causes. This dress has already arrived to the VFT headquarters where it will wait with the other donations before being shipped to the Casa Guatemala orphanage. I hope that the little girl who receives this dress enjoys it!


-------------------------------------------------


WIP (works in progress) List
  • Pattern Testing a Skirt for E ~ Finished
  • 3 Hope Dresses for donation ~ Only 1 done... the other 2 scrapped
  • Several dresses/tops/etc for E and me (patterns and fabric chosen... need to cut and sew) - namely a Valentine's Dress ~ VDay dress is done!
  • Baby Quilt for a friend ~ fabrics chosen, need to iron and then sew ~ layout chosen, now to sew the squares together
  • Baste a baby quilt for another friend... then quilt and bind
  • Onesies! I have fabric chosen and the pattern pieces ready to cut out... I'm so excited about this one! ~ 1 done... many more to go!



UFO (unfinished objects) List
  • Twin size quilt top needing a border then quilting and binding
  • A quilt top from my grandma needing quilting and binding
  • 6 baby quilt tops needing quilting and binding - will need 2 done by February (see above)
  • A pile of Christmas half-square triangles that need to be trimmed and then organized into a table runner/table topper/pillow/etc

No comments:

Post a Comment