Monday, June 27, 2016

Matching Raglans!

I've wanted to sew a Lane Raglan for a long time, and I finally took the time to choose fabric combinations with the fabric I had on hand. I came up with three different combos, so look forward to possibly 2 more shirts for me :) It feels so good to use up some fabric in my stash!

Patterns: Lane Raglan by Hey June Handmade and Recess Raglan by See Kate Sew
Fabric: Chartreuse Purple Floral on Aqua Green from Girl Charlee and Vivid Fireworks in Grape by Riley Blake Fabrics from Raspberry Creek Fabrics on Etsy



I bought the Girl Charlee fabric last May during one of their sales, while I bought the Riley Blake last winter when I was planning my niece's first birthday present. It wasn't until I started pairing up fabrics that I realized how perfectly these two fabrics matched! I was so excited!!!

I will be making more Lane Raglans soon! This was a straight medium and it's a little big, so I may just take a bigger seam allowance next time - it's drafted for a 1/4" SA, which is not my favorite anyway. I'll have to measure the neckband to fit after the altering though. This was the 2nd Recess Raglan that I've made E, and even though I made it last fall, I must have made it a size bigger at the time, because that size still worked and I didn't have to retrace and cut a different size :)



I had plenty of each fabric for my shirt, but then E kept asking when I was going to make her shirt... well, I barely had enough to squeeze out her matching raglan. It was worth it, though - E is in a matchy-matchy phase and loves to match me. I'm not so much into the matchiness as I am in seeing her smile :)
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment