Monday, July 20, 2015

Seaside Beach Tote

Last time around, when Ev was just a little nugget, I made a bag out of stash fabric. At the time, we were packing up to move back to SD, so I just needed to get some sewing in to keep me sane. When I needed some sewing time a few weeks ago, I just had to look at my pile of "pulled fabric for specific projects" and start sewing. 

The two bags have two things in common: I didn't use a pattern and I didn't do everything technically correct (for example, for this bag, I didn't iron down the fusible fleece and I didn't always iron when I know I should have). Both bags served the purpose of giving me some creative time, free of obligations - obligations of being a mommy and a housewife and also obligations of always following the sewing rules. Ah, such sweet bliss :)



Anyways, to the specifics... Seaside fabric designed by October Afternoon for Riley Blake Fabrics. I had one charm pack and three fat quarters. For the handles, I used a fat quarter of yellow Mini Confetti Dots by Dear Stella from a bundle I won from QNM.



Quick, Simple and Fun.

All in all, it's just another bag to add to my growing stash of totes. 
You can never have too many handmade tote bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment