Thursday, April 16, 2015

A Pacific Northwest Baby Quilt

This baby quilt was also sent off a few weeks ago... after the birth of a little boy (gender was a surprise) to another of my college teammate/roommates. They live in the Pacific Northwest, so I thought it was the perfect time to cut into a plaid and stripes fat quarter bundle that I've had since 2012. I bought it at the Prickly Pear Quilting Shop in Helena, MT. It was a super cute little shop and I was happy to find a bundle of these plaids...


I had the border fabric on hand as well, so all I had to purchase was the backing (the binding was cut from the fat quarter bundle). Simple cross-hatching quilting was all this quilt needed. I loved how crinkly it was after I washed and dried it!!



In addition to the quilt, I also sent off this little wall plaque that I made. I used a scrap piece of wood from our reclaimed barnwood stash and painted an evergreen on it (after asking the mommy-to-be what would be a good, simple addition to their nursery). I braided some jute twine for hanging the plaque on the wall.

1 comment:

  1. I love those plaids in this quilt - so cute. And I'm not usually a fan of plaid, but this really works!

    Your new baby must be due very soon too!

    ReplyDelete